Visiting Arusha? Coming to participate in a LOHADA workcamp? Filling a suitcase with these material donations, or buying them from local suppliers in Arusha, is a great way to help support the children. Monetary donations for these items also are welcomed.
- Textbooks (best bought in Tanzania): $6-$8 each, $50-$75 per classroom; pencils; pens; world maps; writing paper; story books and novels
- Shirts, pants (boys), skirts, sweaters, jackets, underwear, socks, pajamas for children 2 to 16 years (most are 7 and older).
- Shoes: Tennis shoes, oxfords, sandals and flipflops for children 2 to 16.
- Basketball, netball, football (soccer), badminton and rounders/baseball gear.
Health and hygiene
- Soap, laundry soap, gummy vitamins, first-aid supplies (bandages, antibiotic and ringworm anti-fungal creams, metric thermometers), feminine hygiene products, toothpaste, toothbrushes.
- Towels; bedding (unfitted twin sheets and blankets); balls, puzzles, books, dolls for younger children; drawing pads, books, school bags, jump ropes, posters, games for older children
- Office supplies: Printer ink (HP Color 122, HP Black 122), printing paper, envelopes, money for postage.